“Médecins du Monde / Doctors of the World – Belgique (MdM-BE)” is an international non-governmental organization based in Brussels, Belgium, which is part of the international MdM network. MdM-BE’s main activities are providing medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and the rest of the world. MdM’s vision is to provide universal (mental) health care globally and to ensure that all persons have access to care without barriers. MdM in Bosnia and Herzegovina provides mental health and psychosocial support activities for migrants and refugees.
For a project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, MdM is looking for:
Case Manager (m/f)
About the job
MdM-BE provides medico-psychosocial healthcare to asylum seekers in Croatia since August 2016. Based on this experience, the organisation decided to deploy its activities to Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) and since May 2019 MdM-BE supports women and girls on the move through provision of MHPSS, SRH and GBV services in three Women and girls’ centers in Una Sana Canton. From October 2019, MdM-BE enhanced its presence in the country through set-up of Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) programme covering transit reception centers in Una Sana Canton and Sarajevo Canton. For that purpose, MdM-BE is looking for Case Managers in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Place of work: Sarajevo and Bihać
- Period of engagement: November – March 2020
Basic functions: At the temporary reception centers, Case Manager, as part of the MdM MHPSS team provides comprehenisve, client-centered case management services to refugees and migrants.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Client-centered case management services to refugees and migrants
- With consent of the beneficiary, and utilizing appropriate referral pathways, liaise with and provide referrals to other relevant service providers
- Ensure proper documentation of MHPSS cases followed, actions taken, referrals provided, and other case management services rendered. Report on all activities carried out on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Consistently adhere to the MdM code of conduct, policies, and principles of respect, confidentiality, security, and non- discrimination while providing services
- Support adherence to MHPSS referral protocols and guiding principles for working with beneficiaries.
Other duties and tasks
- reporting on activities carried out on a weekly and monthly basis
Case Manager must respect code of ethics adhering to principles of confidentiality and impartiality; as well as MDM-BE Charter of values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Social Work/Social Sciences/Counselling/Psychology/Health or other related field preferred.
- 2 years experience in the direct provision of case management, counselling and psychosocial support to refugees, migrants, and other vulnerable populations
Key competencies and other skills:
- Able to maintain confidentiality and adhere to other ethical principles – such as duty and standard of care, cultural competence, and professional boundaries – is essential
- Able to build respectful, trusting, and supportive relationships with beneficiaries from diverse ages and backgrounds
- Understands the principles of case management, and can apply to GBV and MHPSS programs
- Excellent observation and communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing)
- Outstanding organizational skills, and able to prioritize under pressure
- Demonstrates a clear understanding about gender inequality, and the various and complex issues that surround violence against women and girls
- Maintains positive and respectful relationships with other team members
- Willing to work overtime when necessary
- Knowledgable about Bosnian language. Knowledge of the English language or other language used by refugees or migrants (Arabic, Farsi, Urdu, Kurdish) is a disting advantage
- Sensitivity and adaptability to different cultural, gender, racial and age-related differences. Zero tolerance for sexual harassment
- The B category driver’s licence is an advantage
- Knowledge of computer work (MS Office package: Word, Excel, etc.)
All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English via option “PRIJAVI SE NA OGLAS“.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Lokacija: Sarajevo and Bihać
Broj izvršilaca: 3
Datum objave: 08.11.2019.
Trajanje oglasa: 15 dana (ističe 23.11.2019. )