The Embassy of Switzerland in Bosnia and Herzegovina is looking for an
Youth Program Officer (80%, 12-month assignment)
The Youth Program Officer (POY) is responsible for the establishment and implementation of a Youth Advisory Board with the objective of resonating and amplifying the voice of youth at important milestones along the cycles of strategies, portfolios, projects and activities of the Swiss Cooperation in BiH.
Responsibilities and duties
The Youth Program Officer
- is responsible for the finalization and implementation of a project on youth engagement of the Swiss Embassy
- works with Program Officers on integrating the youth perspective in relevant projects
- is the focal point for youth engagement and develops a network with local actors in the sector
- contributes to the implementation of the Swiss Cooperation Program in BiH and supports the work of the Embassy in general
- supports the implementation of the Embassy’s social media strategy to target youth.
- Master’s degree
- Outstanding knowledge in B/C/S and English
- Knowledge of German and/or French is an asset
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office; social media
- Knowledge of the youth sector in BiH; preferably some experience through engagement and/or working experience in the field
- Knowledge of project cycle management is an asset
- An engaged young person below the age of 30
- A networker and team worker with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An analytical and creative thinker who creates solutions
- A multitasker with a high degree of flexibility
Furthermore, the Youth Program Officer shall:
- perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency and independency
- demonstrate respect for all individuals at all times
- exercise judgement in managing confidential or sensitive information
Start and duration of the engagement
The engagement will start on 1 November 2019. The selected candidate will be awarded a one-year contract.
We look forward to receiving your application with a motivation letter and a detailed CV under the reference “Youth Program Officer” to email@example.com no later than 29 September 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. The Embassy will not return the applications and supporting documents to non-selected candidates.