Deadline: 03 November 2017
Open to: design professionals, artists and students from all over the world
Award: USD 1,000 and national and international exposure
The San Diego Latino Film Festival (SDLFF) is looking for a new iconic image that captures the essence of its annual celebration of Latino film, music, and art.
Design professionals, artists, and students from all over the world are invited to produce a commemorative poster design that will represent the history and legacy of the SDLFF.
SDLFF was born out of a desire to take a stand against the status-quo of cinema, to challenge the reigning and ever-present stereotypes about the Latino experience in movies, and to give Latino filmmakers the power of telling and sharing their stories, first-hand, about what it means to be Latino.
SDLFF 2018 is scheduled for 15th-25th March, 2018.
The commemorative poster design should celebrate the core values of the Festival and the passion for Latino culture.
Your poster design will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Clarity and originality of message;
- Impact, memorability, and appeal to general audiences;
- Unique, positive, and non-stereotypical representation of Latino Culture;
- Design (type, color, composition, craft);
- Versatility for application on other media.
- The winning artwork will be the face of the 25th edition of the SDLFF and awarded with a prize of USD 1,000;
- National and international exposure includes but is not limited to: the cover of the Official SDLFF 2018 Program book, print ads, TV commercials, social media posts and web banners.
How to Apply?
For more information please visit the official website.