Deadline: 31 August 2017
Applications are open for the 2nd edition of its KATANA Projects that aims to identify products and services with high market potential. The EU-funded business accelerator KATANA is searching for promising entrepreneurs who want to co-create the future of business in agrifood.
- Precision Agriculture Services
- Mobile services
- Functional Foods
- Winners will receive 100,000 EUR per consortium (20,000-50,000 EUR per SME/entrepreneur).
- On top of the 100,000 EUR, consortia will receive 2nd stage support services, e.g. Investment Readiness Program, E-Pitches in front of investors, Export Promotion Training.
- Also, they will be given access to the KATANA Equity Crowdfunding platform in order to raise an additional funding from private investors to support their expansion.
- The accepted applicants for KATANA Open Call 2 have to be:
- Natural persons and companies that comply with the Commission Recommendation for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- Applicants based in Member States or H2020 associated countries, of August 17th, 2015
- The leader of the Consortium must be a winner of KATANA Open Call 1 and therefore a registered business for-profit legal entity.
- Additional eligibility criteria:
- Consortium must be formed by minimum two (2) and maximum four (4) partners, where at least one of the partners is a successful beneficiary from Open Call 1 whom also has to be the leader of the Consortium
- Consortium must fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
- From the same sector, but different countries (Cross-border), or
- From different sectors but the same country (cross-sectoral), or
- Both from different sectors and different countries.
- Consortium must propose one product/service from one of the following categories: Precision Agriculture Services, Mobile Services and Functional Foods. It is highly recommended that a consortium’s product/service uses at least one of the three LSD platforms.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
- European Union countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom;
- The Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to the Member States: Anguilla, Aruba, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Curaçao, Falkland Islands, French Polynesia, French Southern and Antarctic Territories, Greenland, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Pitcairn Islands, Saba, Saint Barthélémy, Saint Helena, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Eustatius, Saint Maarten, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Wallis and Futuna.
- H2020 Associated countries: Iceland, Norway, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Israel, Moldova, Faroe Islands, Ukraine, Tunisia, Georgia;
For more information, please visit Katana Project.