Deadline: 15 January 2018
Applications are open for Magraret McNamara Education Grants (formerly known as MMMF) that will reward exceptional women from developing countries, that are enrolled as full-time students for the following academic term in accredited universities in the United States and Canada, have demonstrated financial need and are committed to working for the well-being of women and children.
MMEG’s mission is to assist women from developing countries who are pursuing their education with the aim of improving the lives of women and children in their countries.
- Be at least 25 years old at time of application deadline;
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List, given on the website
- Be enrolled (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
- In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
- Already be enrolled as a full time student, with relevant student visa in national passport, and plan to continue studying full time in the following academic year;
- Not hold US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) or Canadian citizenship or Canadian landed immigrant status
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Low-income economies: Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Korea, Dem Rep., Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe
Lower-middle-income economies: Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo , Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Morocco, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia
Upper-middle-income economies: Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Fiji, Gabon, Grenada, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Romania, Serbia, South Africa, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu
For more information, please visit Magraret McNamara Education Grants.