Deadline: 30 June 2018
The Small Grants Program (SGP) of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) invites NGOs and CSOs to submit project proposals:
- in the areas of interest of the program :
- the conservation of the terrestrial landscape at community level;
- smart climate-friendly innovative agroecology;
- the co-benefits of access to the low-carbon energy system;
- local and global chemicals management coalitions;
- platforms for political and planning dialogue between the OSC and the Government;
- promoting social inclusion:
- gender mainstreaming;
- involvement of young people.
- in the field of Capacity Development
The Small Grants Program of the Global Environmental Facility provides grants to non-governmental organizations and community organizations (NGOs / CSOs) in developing countries to enable them to cope with global environmental challenges while addressing the needs of sustainable development. The SGP motto is “community action with global impact!”.
The following specific objectives can be highlighted:
- to raise awareness and understanding about GEF’s Small Grants Program, its strategy and results;
- experience exchange between NGOs / CSOs working to address global environmental issues to facilitate the exchange of experience and replication of best practice;
- promoting and strengthening stakeholder partnerships such as NGOs / CSOs, international fundingorganizations, central and local public authorities, business communities, and local communities.
The SGP grant should not exceed US$50,000.
Only local nonprofit organizations can apply.
How to Apply
Project proposals should submit electronically at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit GEF Small Grants Program.