Deadline: 10 December 2017
ELRHA is seeking applications for its Innovation Fund to support innovators across the entire innovation lifecycle.
These grants are focused on parts of the innovation lifecycle that are often under-resourced: problem recognition, advancing seed-funded projects, and project diffusion.
Through this Call, up to ten small grants of up to £50,000 each will be made available for the following innovation stages:
- Problem Recognition – Recognition of a specific problem, challenge, or opportunity, in relation to the provision of humanitarian aid. At this stage, the focus is on developing a clear understanding of complex problems. The goal of this type of work is to understand the needs and challenges of affected communities, and the view of the potential users of any new innovations that might be developed. These grants are open to any applicant.
- Advancing Seed-funded projects – These grants are for applicants who have received seed-fundingfrom the HIF and are looking for next-stage ESI funding to further develop their innovation.
- Project Diffusion – These grants are for innovations previously funded by a HIF Development and Implementation grant, now requiring grant funding for wider adoption outside the original setting. This might include various formal and informal communication channels, and may involve the original innovation being continually developed and refined
- There is no geographic restriction as to the origin of an applicant.
- Lead applicants can be a:
- Non-profit institution such as a non-governmental organization
- Public or governmental institution
- Academic or research institution
- Private companies. Note: Private companies must be partnered with one of the above.
- The lead applicant must:
- Have legal status and be registered in the country(s) in which the project will be carried out.
- Not act as an intermediary but be directly responsible for the preparation, management and implementation of the project proposed.
- Present signed audited financial statements and reports.
- While it is possible for a single organization to make an application to the HIF, ELRHA strongly encourage consortia applications that bring together a range of actors.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit ELRHA Innovation Fund.