Deadline: 1 September 2017
The Independent Social Research Foundation (ISRF) is seeking applications for its “Flexible Grants for Small Groups Competition (FG4)” to support independent-minded researchers to explore and present original research ideas which take new approaches, and suggest new solutions, to real world social problems.
The amount of an award depends on the nature of the work proposed and individual circumstances – the ISRF expects applications for grants up to a maximum of £5,000.
- Eligible Applicants:
- Scholars from within Europe† are eligible to apply as Principal Investigator(s) to lead a small group of 2-10 scholars (which may include graduate students).
- Applicants should hold a PhD and will normally have a permanent appointment at an institution of higher education and research.
- Applications may be made by those whose sole or principal post is a part-time equivalent. Independent scholars with an academic affiliation may also apply.
- The awards are intended as providing flexible support (for instance: relief from teaching &/or administration, research and travel expenses, fieldwork and practical work) for a period of (up to) one year, for the activities of the research group.
- Stipends are not provided.
- There is no limitation on nationality – however, the Principal Investigator(s) should be affiliated to a European institution.
- Eligible Research:
- Innovative research which crosses established disciplinary boundaries and critically challenges incumbent theories and approaches, so as to address afresh empirical problems with no currently adequate theory or investigative methodology.
- Innovation may also come from controversial theoretical approaches motivated by critical challenge of incumbent theories. Projects ranging across the breadth of the social scientific disciplines and interdisciplinary research fields are welcome, and relevant applications from scholars working within the humanities are also encouraged.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically via the online application system, in English.
For more information, please visit ISRF Flexible Grants.