|Location :||BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA|
|Application Deadline :||21-Dec-17 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Time left :||15d 11h 44m|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :|
|Duration of Initial Contract :||10 – 20 January 2018|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||Up to 6 working days|
The purpose of the consultancy is to support monitoring and evaluation processes of the Municipal Environmental and Economic Governance (MEG) Project via more systematised collection and analysis of data on implementation of capacity building project activities. In this regard, one Participants Database Developer (hereinafter the Consultant) will be engaged.
The consultancy objective is to provide MEG Project with Participants Database, designed and developed to allow prompt and easy monitoring of participation of stakeholders and beneficiaries at different capacity building events organized within the MEG Project. More concretely, the Consultant will design and develop MEG Participants Database, in appropriate technology, so as to provide best possible solution for easy, fast and accurate data entry and data analysis to enable quality overall monitoring, evaluation and reporting of this aspect of the MEG Project.
Financed and supported by the Government of Switzerland, and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the Municipal Environmental and Economic Governance (MEG) Project is a newly-launched 12-year intervention in the domain of local governance in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Project’s overall goal is defined as follows: Local governments, assigned with appropriate competences and finances, have improved their democratic governance, apply sound public policy and performance management systems, and provide public services in an inclusive, effective and efficient manner, particularly those related to economic and environmental sectors.
The expected concrete improvements the Project will contribute to are clustered in three outcomes, as follows:
· Outcome 1: Supported local governments apply effective development management systems characterized by stronger oversight of the legislative and greater accountability towards the citizens;
· Outcome 2: Citizens and businesses in target localities benefit from good quality services provided by LGs in the economic and environmental sectors;
· Outcome 3: Improved regulatory framework at higher and local government levels and pro-active.
The Project’s territorial focus is on the North-West part of the country (including Una-Sana Canton and Prijedor region) and the North-East region (the wider Doboj-Tuzla area), covering 18 partner local governments: Bihac, Bosanska Krupa, Cazin, Doboj, Gracanica, Gradacac, Gradiška, Kalesija, Kostajnica, Kozarska Dubica, Prijedor, Prnjavor, Sanski Most, Tešanj, Teslic, Tuzla, Velika Kladuša and Žepce.
The Project is implemented in partnership with the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Ministry of Development, Entrepreneurship and Crafts of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH), the FBiH Ministry of Agriculture, Water Management and Forestry, the Ministry for Administration and Local Self-Government of Republika Srpska (RS), the RS Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management and both entity Associations of Municipalities and Cities (AMCs).
During the first 9 months of 2017, MEG Project registered over 2,000 participants trained/consulted at approximately 200 different capacity building events. In order to collect and analyse data on participants accurately, timely and efficiently, the MEG Project recognized the need to develop a more comprehensive, stable and reliable Participants Database.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|The Consultant, in close cooperation with the Project team, will design and develop a user-friendly, stable and reliable Participants Database, which will allow fast and accurate data entry and analysis on several predetermined conditions and relations, and will import data from the current Project’s Excel tool into the newly developed database. More concretely, the Consultant will have following key tasks and deliverables:
· In close cooperation with the Project team, analyse existing tools and develop the structure or format of the database, incorporating ideas and amendments from the Project team;
· Design a Participants Database that will allow for fast, accurate and reliable data entry as well as analysis and reporting in required formats including pivots, graphs, charts, etc, based on the input by the Project team;
· Complete accurate and consistent import of data from the current Excel tool;
· Develop Participants Database Manual on the use of the database and provide training to relevant Project team members;
· Submit a technical report covering all aspects of the database development process and definitions of functions, codes, variables and copies of any programme written.
The database will be a stand-alone data-entry and analysis solution for information that can be recalled and referenced across multiple places. The Consultant is expected to recommend the underlying technology of the database (Excel, Access or different) taking into consideration the quantity of data that it should handle and that the database needs to be based on either MS Office applications or open source solutions.
The estimated level of effort for this task is 6 days during January, 2018.
Deliverables and timelines
The consultant is responsible for the following deliverables:
· Develop Participants Database and complete accurate and consistent import of data from the current Excel tool ; Develop Participants Database Manual and provide training on database use; Submit a technical report – By 20 January 2018, (6 Consultant day);
|Corporate Responsibility and Teamwork:
· Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values;
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
· Plans, prioritizes and delivers tasks on time;
· Strives for and promotes excellence in performance continually;
· Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
· Generates ideas and seizes opportunities to support corporate strategic objectives.
· Recognizes and responds appropriately to the ideas, interests, and concerns of others;
· Ensures others’ understanding of, involvement in, and adaptation to a change process.
· Plans and procedures quality results to meet established goals.
· Technical writing skills, formulates written information clearly and persuasively;
· Strong communication skills;
· Shares information openly with co-workers and partners while using discretion to protect confidences;
· Presents information in a clear and articulate manner.
Job Knowledge and Expertise:
· Strong analytical skills;
· Demonstrates knowledge of database application design and development;
· Ability to design the structure of the database and write appropriate interfaces (e.g. Microsoft Excel) for data entry and ensure data quality and security;
· Experience with SQL and VBA;
· Experience in writing and maintaining database design documentation and operating manuals.
|Required Skills and Experience|
· Secondary education;
· Degree in Computers Science, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics will be considered an asset.
· At least three years of relevant experience in ICT and software development;
· Proven experience with entry level database design and development and/or proven experience in design of spreadsheet based solutions;
· Proven record of practical experience in entry level application and solution development.
· Fluency in official languages in BiH;
· Knowledge of English is desired but not required.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the following methodology:
· * Technical Criteria weight-70%
· * Financial Criteria weight- 30%
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points for technical criteria assessment would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Applicants are required to submit an application including:
· Completed and signed UNDP Personal History Form (downloadable from http://www.ba.undp.org/content/bosnia_and_herzegovina/en/home/operations/jobs.html);
· Financial proposal which will separately specify professional fee, indicating number of anticipated working days, travel costs (air-ticket or use of private vehicle), living allowance, and all other applicable costs.
Please scan all above mentioned documents and upload as one attachment only online through this website.
· For an assignment requiring travel, consultants of 62 years or more require full medical examination and statement of fitness to work to engage in the consultancy.
· Due to large number of potential applicants, only competitively selected candidates will be contacted for remaining steps of the service procurement process.
|UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.|
|REFER A FRIEND APPLY NOW|
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact [email protected].
More information: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=76180